Our litigators have extensive experience dealing with issues relating to bankruptcy, corporate restructuring and insolvency. They are experienced in both the substantive and procedural aspects of court proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act, the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act, the Personal Property Securities Act, the Trustee Act, and the Winding-up and Restructuring Act.
The litigators at Conway represent secured creditors, unsecured creditors, receivers, trustees and corporate debtors in some of Ottawa’s most complicated business and corporate restructuring litigation. For instance, our lawyers have represented:
- the senior secured creditor in the restructuring litigation of the Ottawa Senators Hockey Club
- US owners of a large health food manufacturing enterprise in successful restructuring under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act
- the secured creditor and receiver in a successful contested receivership application of an Eastern Ontario manufacturing plant
- a debtor airline company in insolvency proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
- a debtor construction company in a multi-provincial application under the Companies’ Creditors Arrangement Act and subsequent negotiations with creditors and the receiver
Using the collective expertise at Conway, our lawyers are able to effectively and efficiently ensure that our clients’ interests are protected.