Direct Line: 613.780.2002
Ms. Leindecker obtained her law clerk certificate through the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario in 1995. Her expertise in managing client files with efficiency and accuracy results in decreased litigation costs for our clients and efficient organization of their files, allowing our lawyers to focus on the legal aspects of the matter. Jasmine has outstanding organizational, office management, communication, and human relations skills. She has extensive experience in all stages of litigation from the commencement of an action to trial, including drafting of pleadings, managing extensive documentary productions, preparing for examinations for discovery and trial, and assisting lawyers at examinations for discovery and trial. Jasmine also has an understanding of the requirements for having documents legalized at various embassies for clients who are filing documents internationally.
Her work activities in all stages of litigation include:
• Maintaining client contact regarding status of files; maintaining accurate client reports and files;
• Interviewing clients and witnesses to obtain pertinent information, etc.;
• Adhering to procedure limitation dates as set out in the Rules of various courts and tribunals;
• Assisting counsel in maintaining an organized flow of material, documentation, and evidence;
• Reviewing and analysing documentation;
• Preparing affidavits, affidavits of documents, chronologies, briefs, etc.;
• Summarizing notes for reporting to clients and undertakings;
• Attending at court for purposes of adjournments, setting of trial dates and filing of documents;
• Processing and evaluating data into concise reports;
• Maintaining an accurate docketing system with respect to tasks performed;
• Liaising with major clients regarding administration of files, completing reporting charts, coordinating reviews, etc.
In her spare time, Jasmine is involved on a volunteer basis as a Coordinator with the Kanata Food Cupboard as well as campaign committees for local candidates.